Our guild aims to have fun, make progression together and not get hung up on who gets what epic on which run. However, we want to be clear and consistent on how loot will be handled.
For our guild-scheduled runs, we use an open roll system with 3 limitations:
- Raider rank have priority over Members and Initiates
- 1 Tier piece per week
- 1 Epic per night
Note: Officer mains are considered Raider rank for loot.
We will never disenchant gear that people need. The 1 piece per week/night is intended to make sure the items spread around on a more even basis than someone with lucky rolls all night. If nobody needs an item for their first epic of the night, it will then go to those who need for main spec, but have already won something.
The order that loot is distributed is as follows:
1) Raider Main (1st item of night/ tier per week)
2) Member or Initiate Main (1st item of night/ tier per week)
3) Raider Main (extra items)
4) Member or Initiate Main (extra items)
5) Dual Spec (for those we ask to dual spec for raiding)
6) Alts or F&F for main spec, for raids including alts and F&F
7) Mains for Off Spec
8. Alts or F&F for Off Spec
When an item drops:
1) The Loot master will link the item in /RW and may call out a few stats on vent. At this point, clear raid chat so we can get loot done quickly.
2) Anyone Raider or higher rank needs the item for main spec and has not won an (epic that night) or (tier piece that week) will /roll
3) Anyone who is Member Or Initiate rank indicate in raid chat "Member/Raider Main" They will get second priority.
3) Anyone who wants the item for main spec, but HAS won an item already will say in raid chat "main"
4) Anyone who wants the item for offspec will say in raid chat "offspec"
Raid Warning: Fool's Trial
Bob rolls 52 (1-100).
Alice rolls 43 (1-100).
(Raid): Jeremy: main
(Raid): Diane: offspec
Bob and Alice are rolling for their first epic of the night. Jeremy wants the item for main spec, but already won something. Diane wants it for offspec.